- Supported athletes must 1) live or 2) be educated (school, college, university) within a Local Authority / Public Sector partnership where GLL or partners manage sport and leisure venues or 3) be affiliated to a club that has a training base at a GLL or partner managed sport and leisure venue – Local Authority & Public Sector partners.
Guidelines for Applications
- The GLL Sport Foundation in partnership with our partners, sponsors and supporters provides tangible support (financial awards and training membership awards) for talented young sports men and women across the UK.
- All awards are aligned to the Awards Criteria.
- Training memberships enable the award recipient to access over 200 GLL and partner operated leisure venues across the UK & NI.
- Individuals can only receive one GLL Sport Foundation award per annum and cannot apply for multiple partnerships.
- The GLL Sport Foundation works in partnership with SportsAid to link directly with Sports National Governing Bodies talent frameworks.
- On submission of an application the applicant will view the confirmation screen, please screen dump this page for proof if required, as no further email confirmation will be sent.
- The Awards Criteria will act as guidance to the GLL Sport Foundation Board to prioritise / determine allocation of awards within categories. Support priority is given to Olympic and Paralympic sports, however applications will be considered from other sports recognised by Sport England.
- Where a Local Authority / Public Sector partnership athlete talent scheme operates the GLL Sport Foundation will work in partnership; awards and award terms and conditions will be aligned to the partnership agreement.
- Where there is oversubscribed applications, priority for financial awards will be placed on athletes who live in the relevant partnership area.
- Applicants will be notified in April (of the award year) the outcome of their application. Awards will be then distributed to athletes thereafter.
Terms & Conditions
- The information submitted must be correct at point of submission
- All athletes are agreeing to the terms and conditions of the programme on submission of an applications.
- Applicants under 16 years of age must have parental / guardian consent prior to application submission.
- The GLL Sport Foundation and partners reserve the right to request additional information.
- The GLL Sport Foundation works in partnership with other Local Authority / Public Sector partnership athlete support programmes. Awards and award terms and conditions are aligned to the relevant partnership agreement. Any changes to the partnership award criteria will be communicated during the application window.
- Supported athletes are required to profile the relevant programme as a supporter and attend events and other requested commitments where possible including media profile.
- Supported athlete benefits are subject to their relevant terms and conditions including training membership, sport science and other athlete benefits.