The London Lions were born playing out of Crystal Palace National Sports Centre in Year One, the team qualified for the end of season Playoffs with an all English squad. Following renovation at the Park the team moved into the Copper Box Olympic facility in August 2013 and duly sold out 7,000 seats for it’s first ever game there against US College side, Iowa University. Again the team qualified for the Playoffs with a creditable 6th place finish. In the spirit of legacy, the club is forging partnerships whilst building a truly community club in London, in association with GLL, the largest leisure provider in the city, and Reach & Teach, the largest club in English Basketball.
Please see the fixtures for the 2016/17 season below – we hope you can come and support the London Lions at the Copper Box Arena!
- Sunday 02/10/16 – Bristol Flyers – 4.00pm
- Sunday 09/10/16 – Plymouth Raiders – 4.00pm
- Wednesday 26/10/16 – Leeds Force – 7.30pm
- Wednesday 02/11/16 – Surrey Scorchers – 7.30pm
- Sunday 13/11/16 – Newcastle Eagles – 4.00pm
- Friday 25/11/16 – Manchester Giants – 7.30pm
- Friday 30/12/16 – DBL Sharks – 7.30pm
- Saturday 14/01/17 – Surrey Scorchers – 7.30pm
- Friday 20/01/17 – Glasgow Rocks – 7.30pm
- Sunday 22/01/17 – Worcester Wolves – 4.00pm
- Friday 27/01/17 – Bristol Flyers – 7.30pm
- Sunday 12/02/17 – Leicester Riders – 4.00pm
- Wednesday 15/02/17 – DBL Sharks – 7.30pm
- Sunday 05/03/17 – Leeds Force – 4.00pm
- Friday 10/03/17 – Plymouth Raiders – 7.30pm
- Friday 24/03/17 – Cheshire Phoenix – 7.30pm
- Wednesday 05/04/17 – Newcastle Eagles – 7.30pm
- Friday 21/04/17 – Cheshire Phoenix – 7.30pm
GLL Sport Foundation supported athletes and sponsors can access tickets through the two below options:
- Athletes – win 2x free tickets to a match – e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org why you deserve to win tickets to your requested match.
- Sponsors – bring your work colleagues to a match and see where your support is going – e-mail email@example.com and express your interest.