The GLL Sport
Foundation works in partnership with National Governing Bodies of sport through
our SportsAid partnership. We operate an annual award round, 2014 applications
are now closed and athletes will receive award communications mid / late April 2014 regarding their award decision.
- Supported athletes must live / be educated (school, college, university) within a Borough / District where GLL or partners manage sport and leisure venues or affiliated to a club that has a training base at a GLL or partner managed sport and leisure venue - Borough / District partners*.
- All awards are aligned to the GLL Sport Foundation Awards Criteria*.
- All awards are aligned to the below GLL Sport Foundation and partners Terms and Conditions.
- *Where a Borough / District athlete talent scheme operates the GLL Sport Foundation will work in partnership; awards and award terms and conditions will be aligned to the partnership agreement.
Guidelines for Applications:
- The GLL Sport Foundation in partnership with our partners, sponsors and supporters provides tangible support (financial awards and training membership awards) for talented young sports men and women across South England.
- All awards are aligned to the Awards Criteria.
- Training memberships enable the award recipient to access over 130 GLL and partner operated leisure venues across the UK.
- Individuals can only receive one GLL Sport Foundation award per annum and cannot apply for multiple Boroughs / Districts.
- The GLL Sport Foundation works in partnership with SportsAid to link directly with Sports National Governing Bodies talent frameworks.
- Where a Borough / District athlete talent scheme operates the GLL Sport Foundation will work in partnership; awards and award terms and conditions will be aligned to the partnership agreement.
- On submission of an application the applicant will view the confirmation screen, please screen dump this page for proof if required, as no further email confirmation will be sent.
- The Awards Criteria will act as guidance to the GLL Sport Foundation Board to prioritise / determine allocation of awards within categories. Support priority is given to Olympic and Paralympic sports, however applications will be considered from other sports recognised by Sport England.
- Consideration will be given relative to international experience where there is oversubscribed applications.
- Oversubscribed applications mean that awards are spread across different sports and ages.
- Applicants will be notified by May (of the award year) outcome of their application.
- Awards will be distributed within 3 months of the GLL Sport Foundation Boards decision in April (of the award year).
Terms and Conditions:
All applicants must tick the terms and conditions box on the application form and agree to comply to these terms and conditions prior to application being considered for an award.
Applicants under 16 years of age must have a parent / guardian consent prior to the application.
The information contained on the application form must be accurate at point of submission.
The GLL Sport Foundation and partners reserve the right to request proof of sporting information relating to all levels of awards.
The GLL Sport Foundation work in partnership with other Borough / District athlete talent schemes. Any change to the partnership award criteria will be communicated during the application process.
Where a Borough / District athlete talent scheme operates the GLL Sport Foundation will work in partnership; awards and award terms and conditions will align to the partnership agreement.
- The GLL Sport Foundation awards are not designed to have any exclusivity over athletes and athletes are free to seek other funding and support.
Successful applicants in receipt of a GLL membership must complete all necessary membership documentation and agree to the terms and conditions of membership and venue rules.
The GLL Sport Foundation and partners reserve the right to utilise application information for internal purposes directly relating to your award application and wider sporting opportunities.
The GLL Sport Foundation reserves the right to use your details in any GLL / partner promotions and publicity.
Successful applicants must recognise GLL / partners support by using 'supported by the GLL Sport Foundation' / 'supported by partner' on publicity materials.
Successful applicants must make themselves available for a minimum of one publicity event per annum for the GLL Sport Foundation / partner.
Successful applicants must keep the GLL Sport Foundation / partners updated on biographies / results / programmes / schedules during the supported year.
Successful applicants must notify GLL / partners if a personal injury prevents them from continued participation in their sport.
Athlete training memberships do not include sport specific training fees and other associated sports club fees. Memberships do not include access to make bookings for club training.