The GLL Sport Foundation is looking to constantly evolve and provide supported athletes with additional services to support their performance, this performance portal provides videos, documents, tips and information on key areas of performance to support athletes and family networks.
Sources of information are taken from verified organisations and experts within their field. We however advise athletes and family networks to carry out further research and speak to specialists in specific areas to ensure its best suits their needs.
Sports nutrition is an important aspect of training for athletes. Adequate amount of nutrients ensure effective performance.
- The 4 most important sports nutrition rules for athletes – Article: stack.com
- Role of nutrition in sport – Online Presentation: Just for Hearts
- Nutrition for distance events and marathons – Article: Crystal Palace Physio Group
- Health – how and why supplements might be used – Podcast: English Institute of Sport
- The importance of nutrition & hydration – Article and Video: England Athletics
- Nutrition for sports performance – PDF Presentation: Middlesex University
- Nutrition handout – PDF Document: Middlesex University
*Sourced from Crystal Palace Physiotherapy Group, England Athletics, English Institute of Sport, Just for Hearts, Middlesex University and Stack.com.