Lutalo Muhammad is an ambassador of the GLL Sport Foundation and has been supported by the programme since he was a teenager. Shooting to fame after grasping the hearts of the nation in his last minute loss in the gold medal fight out in Rio, Lutalo is now back in London before heading back up to Manchester to train full time in January. During this period, Lutalo has been inspiring the next generation and attending many events for GLL and doing his GB duties.
The GLL Sport Foundation wants to recognise Lutalo’s hard work and show our appreciation. Lutalo has given up a lot of his own time to attend GLL events since he has been back from the Olympics are we are very grateful to him. He has inspired thousands of kids to take up sport and physical activity. Here are just a few of the events that Lutalo has attended for us:
- Greenwich Starting Blocks Dinner – 27th October
- GLL 50+ Games – 11th November
- Barnet School Swimming Gala – 17th November
- Annodata National Sales Conference – 18th November
- SportsAid SportsBall – 24th November
- Activate Cumbria Sports Awards – 25th November
- Technogym Annual Conference – 16th December
- GLL East London Comms Day – 19th December
As you can see, Lutalo has been working round the clock spreading his Olympic stories and talking through his journey. We wish him a very merry xmas and hope he enjoys some well deserved time off before getting back into training. We’ll be backing him all the way to Tokyo 2020 where he will be bringing home the gold!