As a GLL Sport Foundation supported athlete, we want to be able to support your athlete journey to our maximum. We are delighted to be working with Middlesex University and the London Sports Institute in Barnet who are specialists in sports performance and now we have the opportunity to support your development through the below programme, now into its fourth year.
Please note this programme is there to support and complement your existing training programmes, the performance programme will include strength & conditioning, physiological, psychological and nutritional elements.
1 to 1 athlete performance programme:
- This programme will directly link you with a final year sport science student at Middlesex University.
- Initial programme introduction session: athlete / student selection process – completed on 4th October – 6.00pm-8.00pm at Middlesex University.
The below elements will then follow:
- Initial athlete / student meeting – completed by 4th November.
- Pre testing to determine your sports performance areas to work on for the training programme – completed on one of these 4 dates: November – 21st / 23rd / 29th December – 1st.
- Performance programme (4-6 week programme) – completed between 23rd January – 6th March 2017.
- Post testing to evaluate the performance programme – completed on one of these 4 dates: February 2017 – 27th March 1st / 7th / 9th.
- During the programme you will receive on-going support from Middlesex University, London Sports Institute and the GLL Sport Foundation.
- Please note the initial programme introduction session, pre and post testing elements will be completed at Middlesex University in London, but the performance programme will be completed at venues where you train.
Please make sure that the above dates will work with your other commitments, as all elements of the programme will need to be completed and by registering your interest you are confirming that you understand the commitments.
- Link with your support network (parents / families / coaches) to update them on this development and identify whether they are supportive of your participation in this programme.
- Register your interest to this programme by 18th September by:
o Emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
o Email title – GSF 1to1 athlete performance programme
o Email text – I (Full Name) register my interest for the 1to1 programme
o Email text – Write a quick overview of how you think this programme can support you in your sport
- We will then review all applications and return communications to you regarding whether you have been selected to attend the initial programme introduction on 4th October.
- Chosen athletes will be sent further details on the introduction session including room location at Middlesex University etc.
- At the introduction session we will go through the programme, link chosen athletes to a relevant student and then provide the athlete and student with a formal contract that ensures all parties concerned understand the commitments to this programme thus maximising the performance outcome.
We are delighted to be able to offer you this sports performance support, now is the time to put this into action.
If you have any questions on this please let us know, and we look forward to receiving your registration email.